Description

A natural born skeptics view on Bahamian culture, politics, and issues at hand. An opinionated blog on the things happening around me

FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/TheBahamianSkeptic
To read my writings Booksie: http://www.booksie.com/Maxwell_Rock
EMAIL: jason.cooper456@gmail.com

Friday, June 29, 2012

Journalism at its worst in our own country

I decided to compare the different news sources of the Bahamas and what I found was staggering. I think I will start with the worst I found, Bahamas Press. This news source is by far the most biased, misinformed source I have ever seen. Fox News doesn't even compare. When I visit Bahamas Press I see articles like "Long Islanders cussin as female SISSY FNM campaign worker begs two young girls for sex." Yes this is an actual article they have written. Does this look like objective news to you? Or more like a lobbyist column supporting the PLP? I am not affiliated with any political party in particular, and I know that neither side is innocent from doing this, But why call yourselves "Press" if all you do support the PLP agenda? It pains me as an aspiring Journalist to see this, as these are the people who are suppose to be my seniors in this field. Next is the Tribune although they try to be impartial it seems that they aren't covering their stories completely, and following through. They get the basics of the story and run with it. Which isn't SO bad but lack luster to say the least. The Guardian is one of those papers that try to look and feel super professional, but they kind of slip through the cracks. The way the articles are presented to the way they prioritize certain headlines they seem to fumble. The Punch, c'mon its The Punch what more is there to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment